Low Voltage Rescue Course & Provide CPR
LV Rescue & Provide CPR Courses Brisbane
Are you working in the electrical industry? Does your employer require you to have rescue and CPR skills as per the Electrical Safety Regulations? Get Skilled Training offers the Low Voltage Rescue & Provide CPR course you need!
This short course which you can conveniently start now and pay later will give you the confidence and competence to respond to a low voltage electrocution and to perform CPR in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
Low Voltage Rescue & Provide CPR completion is a prerequisite for all person conducting a business or undertaking to ensure workers who are required to perform, or help in performing, electrical work are competent in rescue and resuscitation in accordance with recognised practices in the electricity industry.
To book your nationally-accredited course, see our upcoming Low Voltage Rescue & Provide CPR course dates and locations on the map at the bottom of the page, or just click straight through to the training location that’s closest to you.
We Run Low Voltage Rescue & Provide CPR Courses in Brisbane
You can take our Low Voltage Rescue & Provide CPR course in Brisbane and at multiple training centre locations across Australia on demand, including most capital cities and a variety of regional towns. As this course involves both theoretical and in-person components, our students have the flexibility to register and complete their online work before booking their practical training at a centre most convenient to them.
I was really impressed with how professionally the courses were run. Nick, Col and the other trainers were great. Very friendly and approachable with loads of relevant industry experience to share. The online theory material was comprehensive, and delivered in a fool-proof manner. I cant fault my experience with Get Skilled Training.
In Australia, employers are legally required to make sure their electrical workers can perform live low voltage rescue procedures using the most up-to-date practices.
This course teaches electrical workers, spotters and trade assistants whose duties involve working with or near energised circuits:
- What their operative health, safety and risk management responsibilities and processes are;
- How to respond to an electrocution incident and;
- How to provide CPR to a non-responsive casualty.
After completing this course you’ll fulfil one of your employer’s most important workplace health and safety requirements.
While this course does not have formal prerequisites, there are a few things to know before getting started. Students wanting to undertake this course must:
- Be at least 14 years of age
- Provide a consent form if they are under 18 years of age
- Be physically able to kneel on the floor and perform uninterrupted CPR for two minutes and be able to perform a 3 metre one-man drag
- Have the basic literacy and numeracy skills necessary to calculate ratios, tell the time, write incident reports, follow procedures and give/receive verbal instructions
- Wear closed in shoes and appropriate clothing
In addition to these basic requirements, students must follow the correct order of completion:
- The online theoretical components of the HLTAID001 Provide CPR unit must be completed before students can start their face-to-face CPR training and;
- The HLTAID001 Provide CPR unit must be completed before students can start the practical assessment for UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel unit.
If HLTAID001 Provide CPR is completed through another trainer, students must provide their current Statement of Attainment before they can begin the UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV panel unit.
You don’t have to wait long to start training. Get Skilled Training frequently offers regular Low Voltage Rescue and Provide CPR courses in Brisbane and at all of our approved training venues in capital cities across Australia as well as regional areas on demand. Find the next course on the map.
The cost of completing our Low Voltage Rescue and Provide CPR course is $90-$120 GST Free. This will depend on which training centre you choose to undertake your practical training at. For more information, choose your training location on the map or call our student support team on 1300 856 832.
Course Duration / Delivery
After completing the online theory component, usually 1-2 hours and a short 2 hour practical session of practical training and assessment, this course will provide you with the skills to perform CPR and conduct a Low Voltage Rescue.
The two units you’ll complete are delivered through:
Online theory: This component uses videos, diagrams and interactive learning to teach you the principles behind the techniques you’ll learn later. It can be done at your own pace, but must be completed before you attend face-to-face training.
Simulated workplace environment: Once you understand the theory, it’s time for practical training at one of our approved training venues. With the help of our friendly trainers, you’ll learn valuable skills through in-person demonstrations, classroom discussions, roleplay of real-life scenarios and other in-class exercises.
Units Of Competency
|HLTAID001||Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation|
|UETTDRRF06B||Perform rescue from a live low voltage panel|
The HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation unit is delivered first. During this unit, you will need to learn how to:
- Apply regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures
- Manage and assess an incident
- Perform DRSABCD
- Correctly perform CPR on both an adult and an infant
- Use an automatic external defibrillator
- Put a casualty in the recovery position
- Hand a casualty over to medical respondents & communicate details of the incident
- Respond to an airway obstruction
Once you have completed Provide CPR, you’ll move on to Low Voltage Rescue. To complete the UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live low voltage panel unit, you must demonstrate that you know how to:
- Conduct a primary risk assessment of electrical hazards
- Determine Safe Approach Distances (SAD’s)
- Perform LV panel rescue procedures without endangering the rescuer, victim or others
- Enact isolation procedures where appropriate
- Use a low voltage rescue kit according to procedure
- Inspect, maintain and use the appropriate rescue equipment and PPE
- Involve emergency services
Once you’ve passed your assessments, you’ll receive a Statement of Attainment for the Low Voltage Rescue and Provide CPR Units. Your Statement of Attainment is valid for 12 months from the day it is issued. You can use it to show employers that you meeting the requirements for rescue and resuscitation training and know how to assist a casualty in an electrocution situation and to perform basic life support.
Anyone who is working in or pursuing a career in the electrical industry needs to know how to apply life saving skills to an emergency situation!
Employers, licencing bodies and state governments around Australia legally require people working in or around live LV panels to perform these basic safety courses. This means that HLTAID001 Provide CPR and UETTDRRF06B Perform rescue from a live LV units are essential skills for an electrical trade or calling.
To find out if this course is right for you, contact our office on 1300 856 832.
Get Qualified With Our Low Voltage Rescue and Provide CPR Courses Today!
To get the right training you need to meet the requirements and work safely in the electrical industry, register for our LVR and CPR course now. Our trainers have years of on-the-job experience and in the classroom, so you’ll always be in good hands!